One of the most beautiful modern churches in the North is that of St. Augustine of Hippo Parish Church in Carmen. Also known as St. Augustine Parish Church, it was built in 1851 and stands as the main church of the municipality of Carmen today.
The church was initially made of coral stone, and its belfry was built over the baptistery. Father Jaime Borces entirely renovated it during the 1960s, which is what stands in this beautiful municipality today.
The church’s dome is gracefully designed and stands out beautifully among all the churches here in Cebu.
St. Augustine Parish Church Mass Schedule 2022:
- Mondays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesdays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- Wednesdays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Thursdays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- Fridays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Saturdays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM
- Sundays: 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
How to Get There:
By Bus: Take a bus bound for Hagnaya / Daanbantayan in Cebu North Bus Terminal and ask the conductor to drop you off at St. Augustine Parish Church. The church is located along the highway and you can easily recognize the beautiful dome.
By Car: Navigate using Waze or Google / Apple Maps and key in St. Augustine Parish Church in Carmen as your destination. There are parking spaces available outside the church.
St. Augustine Parish Church is a few minutes from Carmen Bay in front of Carmen Grandstand. It is around 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Cebu City.